- Screen Size:
- Main Camera:
- Front Camera:
Huawei announced the first two P40 series smartphones. This is the average P40 Lite and even more affordable smartphone P40 Lite E. Both new products are based on the chipset Kirin 810 and the Android operating system, but lack Google services – but there is Huawei AppGallery and all other applications created by Chinese programmers to replace the services of the American giant. In addition, both novelties are not really new: P40 Lite E is Y7p, and P40 Lite is Nova 6 SE. However, let’s see what fresh Chinese smartphones have to offer.
We start with the older model called Huawei P40 Lite. It is equipped with a quadruple camera, however, two of the cameras – only 2 MP (macro and bokeh). There are also 8 megapixels of width and the main camera at 48 megapixels with a brightness of f/1.8. Another chip was the support for 40W charging Huawei SuperCharge: in the company’s flagship it gradually appears for many years, but in smartphones in the middle price segment, it has not met before. Other features include a 6.4″ IPS screen with a resolution of 2310 x 1080 pixels, a fingerprint scanner on the end, 6GB of RAM, 128GB of internal memory, NM card slot, 4200 mAh battery, 16-megapixel front in the hole, USB ports Type-C and 3.5 mm, support for 5 GHz Wi-Fi and optionally NFC module.
Now about the Huawei P40 Lite E. Its main feature is the 6.39″ front camera hole screen, although it is only 0.01″ smaller than the P40 Lite, and the hole is not better than the older model. The panel resolution is 1560 x 720 dots and the technology is IPS. Battery capacity is 4000 mAh, memory capacity is 4 GB RAM + 64 GB ROM. Traditional microSD cards are used to expand the memory capacity. Camera three – macro module was selected, but the other three are the same. Charging – only the traditional 10W. There are 3.5mm audio jacks, and instead of Type-C there is a classic microUSB. No 5 GHz Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5 is available.
Huawei P40 Lite Specifications | Huawei P40 Lite E Specifications
- Network: 2G, 3G, 4G
- Platform (as of today): Android 10 | Android 9
- Display: 6.4″ | 6.39″, 2310 x 1080 dots | 1560 x 720 dots, IPS
- Primary: 48 MP, f/1.8.
- Wide-angle: 8 MP, f/2.4
- Boke: 2 Mp, f/2.4.
- Macro: 2 Mp, f/2.4 (P40 Lite only)
- Front camera: 16 MP | 8 MP, f/2.0
- Processor: 8 cores, 2 x 2.27 GHz + 6 x 1.88 GHz, Kirin 810
- Graphic chip: Mali-G51MP4
- RAM: 6 GB | 4 GB
- Internal memory: 128 GB | 64 GB
- Memory card: NM (up to 256 GB) | microSD (up to 512 GB)
- A-GPS, GLONASS, QZSS (P40 Lite only), Galileo, Beidou (P40 Lite E only)
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, 2.4/5 GHz | 802.11b/g/n, 2.4 GHz
- Bluetooth 5
- NFC (P40 Lite only, optional)
- Ports: USB Type-C | microUSB, 3.5 mm
- Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 4200 mAh | 4000 mAh
- Carging: 40 W | 10 W
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 76.3 x 8.7 mm | 159.81 x 76.13 x 8.13 mm